An Ohio University Police car parked outside of Scott Quadrangle. 

Police Blotter: Intoxicated student breaks Atkinson House window; deputies unable to locate horse

OUPD received just one report of an alcohol-related incident last week and three reports of drug-related crimes.

The Ohio University Police Department responded to only one reported alcohol-related crime last week, although the incident involved three charges — underage consumption of alcohol, fictitious ID and criminal mischief.

From Feb. 15 through Feb. 22, OUPD responded to nine alcohol-related incidents, according to a previous Post report.

This week, an OUPD officer arrested a male student in relation to the incident Saturday at about 5:30 a.m. after an officer saw him kicking a window at Atkinson House and shattering the window pane, according to the police report.

The student was unsteady on his feet, had a “very strong” smell of alcohol about him and on his breath, and had bloodshot eyes and slurred speech, according to the report. The officer arrested the student, and he was allowed to sober up after being transferred to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Between Feb. 22 and Sunday, OUPD received no other reports of alcohol-related crimes or altered IDs.

OUPD did field three reports of drug-related crimes, according to police reports, and all involved marijuana.

Gift card grab

OUPD received three reports of theft between Feb. 22 and Sunday.

A student reported one of the thefts Friday. She said two gift cards had been stolen from her room at Crawford Hall between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., according to a police report. OUPD is investigating the incident.

On Feb. 24 at about 9:30 a.m., an employee reported theft from Convocation Center Concession Stand 1, according to a police report. The report indicated that the case is inactive and pending investigative leads.

For sale

On Tuesday, Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report that a woman’s roommate had listed several of the woman’s items for sale on Facebook, according to a sheriff’s report.

The sheriff’s office is investigating the incident, according to the report.

Egged

New Marshfield Post Office reported to the sheriff’s office on Saturday at 11 a.m. that someone had thrown eggs at the building and broken several of them in the lobby, according to a sheriff’s report.

Horse at large

Deputies were unable to locate a horse reportedly loose in Athens, according to a sheriff’s report.

Two callers told the sheriff’s office they had seen the horse near Marshfield Road, according to the report, and one caller said she thought she knew who the owner was. Deputies were unable to find the horse or identify the owner, according to the report.

“If there are any more sightings, please contact the Athens County Sheriff's Office,” the report stated.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu