Police Blotter

Police Blotter: Someone steals all wheels from parked vehicle during otherwise quiet weekend on campus

OUPD arrested two people for disorderly conduct in the only two alcohol-related incidents it dealt with last week.

Officers from the Ohio University Police Department responded to an open telephone line from the Bush Hall elevator Sunday to find a student passed out in the first floor lobby.

Officers searched the building for anyone needing help at about 6 a.m., according to the police report, and found the student on the lobby floor.

One of the officers woke him and realized he smelled like alcohol, was unsteady on his feet and didn't know where he was, according to the report.

Officers arrested the man for disorderly conduct by intoxication and sent him to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, according to the report.

The arrest was one of only two alcohol-related incidents included in OUPD reports between March 21 and 27.

Oldie but a goodie

In the second alcohol-related incident from the past week, an OUPD officer encountered a 58-year-old man staggering as he walked alone down Union Street on Saturday at about 12 a.m., according to a police report.

The man smelled strongly of alcohol, had bloodshot eyes and slurred speech, according to the report.

The officer arrested the man for disorderly conduct by intoxication and resisting arrest and sent him to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, according to the report. The report does not indicate how the man resisted arrest.

Free wheeling

Deputies from the Athens County Sheriff's Office received a report Friday at 3 p.m. that someone had stolen all the wheels off a parked vehicle in Nelsonville, according to a sheriff's office report.

The complainant told deputies a suspect had taken the wheels sometime the previous night, according to the report.

The matter remains under investigation.

Grave robbing

On March 23 at noon, an individual reported to the sheriff's office that someone had stolen a large graveside ornament from his or her family member's grave, according to a sheriff's office report.

The caller told deputies the alleged theft had occurred sometime the previous week, according to the report.

Deputies took statements and photographs at the scene, and the incident remains under investigation.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu