Post Haste

Post Haste: Bobcats' road to the NCAA tourney starts today; Will you turn up for Green Beer Day?

The women's team plays today.

Good morning. Here’s what you need to know for Wednesday, March 9, 2016:

March Madness is here. It’s a sports phenomenon unmatched by anything else, no exceptions.

Known for Cinderella stories and upsets, postseason collegiate basketball is one of the most fascinating and exciting sporting events to watch.

Right now, college basketball is in the midst of conference tournament week. Mid-major teams like Iona and Northern Iowa stand no chance in making the NCAA Tournament without a conference tournament win.

The same goes for Ohio.

Starting today, the Ohio women’s team will try to find its way into the national tournament by winning the Mid-American Conference Tournament. No. 1 seed Ohio open against Buffalo at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland.

The men’s team will try to do the same thing Thursday when it tips off against Northern Illinois.

The Bobcats are the No. 2 seed in the MAC.

Any road ahead starts here.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Even warmer, if you can believe that. High of 75. No rain. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• The sand mandala that the Tibetan monks were working on in Baker was destroyed the other night. (The Post)

• It’s Green Beer Day in Athens. We talked to bars about how they’re preparing. (The Post)

• The Student Senate Appropriations Commission has allocated more money in recent years. (The Post)

Scores and game times

We’ve got the low down on which women’s basketball players won all-MAC honors. The Bobcats play today at noon against Buffalo.

You might also want to know …

Infamous tabloid National Enquirer endorsed Donald Trump for president (Daily Beast)

Acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee is working on a documentary about the Missouri football team’s involvement in the #ConcernedStudent1950 protests there last fall for ESPN’s 30 for 30 series (KBIA)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing

Athens bar specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $2.50 domestic aquariums. $1.50 shot of the night.

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $0.50 slices, $2 Blue Moon, $2 mixed drinks, $1.50 mixed shots from 4-9 p.m.

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu