Post Haste

Post Haste: Some classics are coming to Netflix in April; OU Student Senate election results are in

Netflix will add classics and new content throughout the month of April.

Good morning. Here's what you need to know for Thursday, March 31, 2016:

Netflix’s monthly haul of new content will bring some classic films and new shows to the streaming service’s more than 75 million subscribers in April.

While films such as 101 Dalmatians, Hook, Pride & Prejudice and Hotel Rwanda are leaving April 1, classics such as The Shawshank Redemption, The Princess Bride, A Clockwork Orange, Erin Brockovich and V for Vendetta will arrive.

Seasons of popular shows will go online throughout the month, such as the brand-new season 2 of Netflix’s own Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on April 15, season 2 of How to Get Away With Murder on April 16 and season 3 of The Fosters on April 27.

New Netflix original content also will appear, such as the Ashton Kutcher-led sitcom The Ranch: Part I on April 1, a new standup special from comedian Patton Oswalt called Talking for Clapping on April 22 and journalism film Special Correspondents starring Ricky Gervais and Eric Bana on April 29.

For a full list of all the content arriving and leaving Netflix in April, head to USA Today.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

High of 70, but there is a 100 percent chance of rain. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Weekender

All weekend at various locations

Moms and students have many opportunities to enjoy the weekend off of Court Street

Athens won’t have a street fest to get people outside this weekend. Instead, Moms Weekend events across the city are the main attraction. Between comedy shows and hockey skills competitions, there is bound to be an event for everyone. Check out our story for a list of events.

Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 3 p.m. at the Athena Cinema

Princess Bride showing for students and moms

Love, laughter and Prince Humperdink will be center stage at the Athena this weekend. “Prepare to die” laughing, as everyone tries to go in against a Sicilian with the Princess Bride on the line. It would be truly inconceivable for you to miss this one.

Saturday from 3:05 p.m to Sunday at 3:05 p.m. at various locations

Late-night Nuit Blanche Arts Festival will showcase many forms of art

The “white night” arts festival is internationally known for its late-night art activities. Versions of the festival are held around the world, but Athens puts its own small-town spin on things. Lectures, films, performances and workshops will be held across Athens, with many of them having interactive portions.

News

• Soon you’ll be able to use your OU ID as a fare card for Athens Public Transit. (The Post)

• Athens Police get about 200 calls each year related to bar fights. (The Post)

• Student Senate election results are in, and we have the details. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times

We checked in on how the football team is adjusting to spring practices.

You might also want to know …

It looks like California is on track to follow a plan to raise the minimum wage to $15. (Reuters)

Scientists are saying that sea levels could rise twice as much as initially expected by 2100. (Washington Post)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens bar specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $2.50 well drinks. $2.50 Cali Boy and Vegas Bombs

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $2 domestic, $3 Jameson, $2.50 Long Islands from 4-9 p.m.

@erindavoran

ed414911@ohio.edu