Police Blotter

Police Blotter: OUPD responds to report of smeared peanut butter in Sargent Hall

OUPD has no witnesses in relation to an incident where someone smeared peanut butter all over a Sargent Hall hallway.

An Ohio University Police Department officer observed a student from Kent State urinating "in plain view" as he held a cup of beer at about 2 p.m. Saturday on Oak Street. 

The student then "failed to have the manual dexterity to fasten his pants," according to the police report.

The student smelled like alcohol and staggered as officers handcuffed him, according to the report.

Officers booked him as a John Doe for transport to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail because the student refused to provide any identifying information to them, according to the police report. Officers charged him with public urination, underage consumption, open container and obstructing official business.

My two front teeth

At 5 p.m. Saturday on Playground Drive, bystanders flagged down an OUPD officer about a 22-year-old man who had tripped and fallen, according to a police report.

The bystanders told officers that the man had struck his mouth on the curb when he fell, knocking out his two front teeth, according to the police report.

The report listed the man as having bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and a strong smell of an intoxicating beverage. The officer took the subject into custody for his safety and charged him disorderly conduct by intoxication, according to the police report.

Bathroom break

OUPD received a call about an unresponsive student in a Hoover House bathroom stall at about 5 a.m. Thursday, according to a police report.

An officer arrived to find the student sitting in the bathroom stall with "a wet substance covering most of his shirt and pants," according to the police report.

Athens County EMS checked the student, then the officer arrested the student for disorderly conduct by intoxication, according to the police report. The student was transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Lost by the laboratory

When an OUPD officer approached an allegedly intoxicated 21-year-old man near Clippinger Laboratories, he told the officer he thought he was on Court Street.

The officer saw the man "extremely unsteady on his feet" and "unable to stay on the sidewalk" at about 11 p.m. Saturday, made contact with him and noticed the man smelled strongly of alcohol and had bloodshot eyes and slurred speech, according to the police report.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="8fb63dcc-f5d2-11e5-9d63-3f99c60cf557"}}

The officer arrested him for disorderly conduct by intoxication and transported him to OUPD, where he was released to a sober friend.

Peanut butter party

On Saturday, a member of custodial staff reported that between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m., someone smeared peanut butter on the carpet, walls and doors in the first floor men's hallway in Sargent Hall, according to a police report.

The report indicates that the case is inactive and there were no witnesses at the time.

Unexpected guest

At about 11:30 p.m. Friday, deputies from the Athens County Sheriff's Office were driving down North Lancaster Street when they saw a female who appeared intoxicated stumbling between the sidewalk and the roadway, according to a sheriff's report.

After the deputies turned their vehicle around and turned on their emergency lights for safety reasons, the female ran into a residence that was not hers.

Post editor-in-chief Emma Ockerman, digital production manager Seth Archer and assistant managing editor Dina Berliner live in the residence she entered. Ockerman and Archer were home at the time the incident occurred.

The Athens Police Department arrived on scene and arrested the female. 

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu