Police Blotter

Police Blotter: Student runs from cop, detective finds puddle of 'what appeared to be urine'

The Ohio University Police Department arrested three students for disorderly conduct by intoxication last week.

A student holding an open bottle of beer on the sidewalk of Mill Street last Wednesday saw an Ohio University Police Department officer, threw the bottle down and took off running.

The officer circled the block, saw the student behind a home on North College Street and told him to stop running, according to an OUPD police report.

The student ran to the front of the building, where the officer located and arrested him for disorderly conduct by intoxication, littering and obstructing official business at about 2 a.m. The student was transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

The student was one of three that OUPD arrested for disorderly conduct by intoxication between March 21 and Monday.

Bike accident

In another incident, the OUPD office received a call about a student who fell off his bike in front of Glidden Hall on April 2.

An officer arrived to find an apparently intoxicated student with "a large amount of blood on his hands and person," according an OUPD police report. The student had "extremely slurred speech," smelled strongly of alcohol and was unsteady on his feet. 

Athens County EMS treated the student for superficial wounds on his hands at the scene, according to the police report.

The officer arrested the student for disorderly conduct by intoxication, and the student was transported to the Southeast Ohio Regional Jail, according to the police report.

Church urination

When an OUPD detective on patrol stopped to check on a male student in a window well at Christ Lutheran Church on Saturday, he saw "a fresh puddle of what appeared to be urine ... at (the student's) feet," according to a police report.

The detective cited the student with public urination at about 11:50 p.m. April 2 "upon further investigation," according to the report.

The student received one of two public urination citations the department issued between March 21 and Monday, the week of Mom's Weekend. For comparison, OUPD issued 13 public urination citations the week of High Fest and 20 the week of Mill Fest, according to previous Post reports.

An OUPD officer cited the other student with public urination at about 2 a.m. Saturday after observing him urinating in public view in an OU parking lot, according to a police report.

April Fools

OUPD fielded three reports of criminal mischief in the past week, with two of them taking place April 1.

An officer issued a citation of criminal mischief at about 1 a.m. April 1 after observing a male student jump up and punch a ceiling tile in the parking garage under MacKinnon Hall.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="bacfb29e-fc27-11e5-804d-5f3ed98da3c4"}}

In addition, a faculty member reported a derogatory comment scratched into the inside of the elevator door in Ellis Hall to OUPD on April 1.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu