Post Haste

Post Haste: More details expected today about reported sexual predator; An OU professor was arrested

Chief Pyle will talk to the press at 2 p.m. today.

Good morning. Here’s what you need to know for Wednesday, April 6, 2016:

It’s been more than two months since Athens Police first disclosed details about a reportedly at-large sexual predator.

Yesterday afternoon, APD Chief Tom Pyle sent an email to local media saying he’d speak at Mayor Steve Patterson's weekly press conference at 2 p.m. Wednesday to share “new information” on the case.

What we’ve already heard: police say the alleged predator is “a white male in his late twenties to early thirties, 5-foot-8-inches to 5-foot-9-inches tall and weighing approximately 160 pounds;” DNA has reportedly linked him to three sex-related crimes; those alleged attacks took place near Uptown and over a nine-year span; police say all three victims were college-aged; Pyle said in January he had a theory that someone might have inadvertently captured him on video/photo Uptown the night of Dec. 11 and early morning of Dec. 12; police were still looking for tips in mid-February.

Be sure to stick with The Post on Twitter and Facebook this afternoon as we share what new details police have to offer.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Slightly good news: High of 65, but rain tonight. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News

• An OU professor was arrested in Lancaster on Monday. (The Post)

• Beware: Cicadas are coming back to the area this summer. (The Post)

• There is a new ballot push trying to legalize marijuana usage in Ohio (The Post)

Scores and Game Times

The softball team swept Kent State yesterday. The baseball team won at Eastern Kentucky.

You might also want to know …

Mississippi’s governor signed a law that will allow business owners to deny service to LGBT individuals. (Washington Post)

Subway had a pretty bad year last year, just as they did in 2014. (BuzzFeed)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

Athens' bar specials

Pawpurr’s Bar: Half-off drinks from 8-9 p.m.

The Pub: $2.50 domestic aquariums. $1.50 shot of the night

Red Brick Tavern: $1 well drinks and domestics from 6-9 p.m.

Courtside Pizza: $0.50 slices, $2 Blue Moon, $2 mixed drinks, $1.50 mixed shots from 4-9 p.m.

@SamuelHHoward

sh335311@ohio.edu