Orientation Guide 2016

Orientation Guide

Freshman orientation can be a hectic and exciting time for many — but it's also the perfect time to become acquainted with Ohio University and Athens. Whether you need to know what to bring when packing for your first semester, what spots to hit up for the perfect Instagram photo or just where to grab coffee on a lazy Sunday morning, The Post has you covered.

News: 

What you missed: Year in review

From Ohio University President Roderick McDavis announcing he will be stepping down in June 2017 to a new mayor of Athens being elected into office, a lot happened this past academic year. Read more news stories here (Link)

Culture: 

Your go-to guide to coffee shops in Athens

From the locally roasted coffee lovers to those who just want their favorite white mocha, there's a coffee shop for everyone in Athens. Here is a list of all the places to buy coffee and tea at Ohio University and Uptown. Read more culture stories here. (Link)

Sports: 

Sports Column: Ohio athletics set for an exciting year in transition

Post Sports Editor Charlie Hatch explains why the upcoming school year will be different than any previous year in recent history for the Bobcats. Read more sports stories here. (Link)

Opinion:

From The Editor's Desk: Welcome to OU, you are going to love it here

Post Editor-in-Chief Emma Ockerman welcomes freshmen to campus and offers advice about some inevitable mistakes. Read more columns here. (Link)

Blogs:

Freshmen, here's your bucket list

There's a lot to see in Athens, so it's smart to start exploring soon. Here are 10 things all Bobcats should do before the end of their freshman year. Read more blogs here. (Link)