An OUPD vehicle is parked outside of Scott Quad. (JOSHUA LIM | FILE)

Police Blotter: Law enforcement handles a disorderly Welcome Weekend

Ohio University's opening weekend brought back the familiar sights of campus life: Students moving into dorms, people hitting the bars — and a person allegedly "passed out" on the steps of MacKinnon Hall.

The Ohio University Police Department received a report about the male at MacKinnon at about 12:30 a.m. Saturday, according to the department's public radio log. He was transported to OhioHealth O'Bleness Hospital, and an OUPD officer issued a citation for disorderly conduct by intoxication to a male in relation to the incident.

The department lists 29 incidents on its log for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Of these, the log categorizes 11 as alcohol offenses and 10 as drug offenses. The department reported:

• Six citations for disorderly conduct by intoxication
  • Five citations related to underage consumption of alcohol
  • One citation for an open container of alcohol
  • Eight citations for possession of marijuana
  • Three citations for possession of drug paraphernalia

Some other incidents that the log didn't explicitly categorize as alcohol-related echoed similar themes.

At about 10 a.m. Saturday, a person reported to OUPD that someone had entered Yamada House, used the bathroom, and vomited in several places, according to the department's radio log.

The log categorizes this incident as burglary.

Weekend joyride

Meanwhile, the Athens County Sheriff's Office reported a typical weekend of false alarms, domestic disputes and general mischief.

At about 6:30 a.m. Saturday, deputies from the Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to a report that a mailbox had been damaged.

Upon arriving at the scene, they discovered that a stop sign at the corner of Vore Ridge and Salem Road had also been knocked down, according to the sheriff's report.

Upon investigation, the County engineers found a stop sign had also been run over at Salem Road and Rhoric Road.

Deputies followed muddy tire tracks leading away from the scene and found a vehicle with a piece of red reflective tape allegedly from the stop sign still stuck to the bumper.

The driver of the vehicle was charged with two counts of criminal mischief, according to the report.

Mistaken identity

On Monday at about 9 a.m., a sheriff's deputy responded to a report of a possibly intoxicated person walking along State Route 13 in Chauncey with an open container of beer.

The deputy located the individual on Main Street in Chauncey, according to the sheriff's report. She was not drunk, and was carrying a bottle of soda.

Parking lot McNap

Deputies arrived at the parking lot of McDonald's at 80 N. Plains Road to find a man passed out in a vehicle at about 10 p.m. Monday, according to a sheriff's report.

Deputies attempted to wake the man and determined he was too intoxicated to take care of himself. He was arrested and transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu