Thoughtbeat will be performing at Casa Nueva for a free dance night on Friday at 10 p.m. 

Thoughtbeat to host 'Superawesome Free Dance Night' at Casa Nueva on Friday

Casa Nueva’s Dance Night on Friday will have one major difference from the other dance nights the restaurant and bar hosts.

“This one coming up on Friday is sort of just random,” Grace Corbin, the marketing coordinator at Casa Nueva, said. “It doesn’t have a specific theme."

Superawesome Free Dance Night with Thoughtbeat will take place Friday at 10 p.m. at Casa Nueva and feature music from DJ Thoughtbeat. The event is free for people over 21 and $2 for people between the ages of 18 and 21.

Casa Nueva also hosts 80s-themed and International Dance Nights throughout the semester.

Corbin said the dance night was a “last minute” addition to their schedule due to a band cancellation. She added that choosing Thoughtbeat to DJ was an easy decision because he frequently DJs at Casa Nueva for its anniversary parties.

The event will feature “party songs,” Corbin said. She added that Thoughtbeat likes to play “classic” songs that are a “little more funky and a little more fun.”

Thoughtbeat said he has been DJing off and on since 1999 and started out using vinyl.

“I try to keep my music interesting,” Thoughtbeat said. “I like to take the songs everybody knows and make them different.

By learning in the ‘90s without digital turntables, Thoughtbeat said he likes to play songs from different decades and genres, blend them together and mix in new beats.

“(When) you play different eras of music, it’s going to be a little bit different for people in the crowd,” Thoughtbeat said.

Thoughtbeat said he is looking forward to playing his music for the attendees because he feels like he “was made to do it.

Thoughtbeat encourages people to come in with an “open mind” and a willingness to dance.

“If people come to my show and want to dance, they’re going to be pleased,” Thoughtbeat said. “They won’t regret it.”

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu