The Athena Cinema is located at 20 S. Court St. (FILE)

The Athena Cinema to host a Monty Python quote-along

Although Court Street is usually loud on Friday nights, those out and about might hear shouts of “It’s only a flesh wound!” coming from the Athena.

The Athena Cinema is hosting a quote-along screening of Monty Python and the Holy Grail for Parents Weekend on Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m.

According to the Athena’s website, the showing of the film will feature official Monty Python guidebooks and “coconut clackers.”

This cult-classic British comedy is a satire based on the legend of King Arthur and his attempt to find knights for the Round Table. Some of his knights then set out on an adventure to find the Holy Grail.

Adam Hess, an undecided sophomore, believes the film would be a good option for students and parents that don’t feel like going out.

“We’ve had a lot of pre-sale tickets,” Hess, who is an assistant manager at The Athena, said. “It should be pretty crowded.”

Hannah Goodwin, a junior studying linguistics, said she would be interested in going, even though her parents aren’t visiting this weekend.

“It depends on how much homework I have,” she said.

Hess said Monty Python would appeal to both generations, young and old, during Parents Weekend.

“It’s one of those classics from my childhood,” Hess said.

Goodwin has seen the film before and said she thinks the event would be enjoyable for parents weekend.

“I watched the Holy Grail for the first time with my parents,” Goodwin said. “I think (going to the movie) would be fun.”

@lynanneclaire

lv586814@ohio.edu