United Campus Ministry's 9/11 interfaith peace walk will start at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd on Sunday at 7 p.m. (FILE)

Weekender Briefs: Check out a clothing swap, an interfaith peace walk and more this weekend

If you're still not sure what you're doing this weekend, consider these unique events:

Fall Clothing Swap

Just in time to start throwing together an affordable Halloween costume or to pick up some fall essentials before the chill hits, the Fall Clothing Swap is the place to be this weekend to trade in old threads.

One can bring in their old clothes, shoes, purses and more in exchange for items completely new to them.

According to Wolf Tree Collective’s Facebook event, “We have had great success the last two swaps … Folks have left with BAGS full.”

This event is free, however, a $3 to $10 donation is asked to help support the space Wolf Tree Collective uses to hold their free programs for families in the community.

Any clothes still remaining after the Swap are donated to other non-profits.

If You Go: 

Fall Clothing Swap

12 p.m., Saturday

Wolf Tree Collective, 74 E. State St.

Free, $3 to $10 donation requested

Better Together 9/11 Interfaith Peace Walk

Sunday, the United Campus Ministry at Ohio University will be going on a reflective interfaith walk through campus.

The route will take walkers past religious buildings from different faiths including Hillel at OU, St. Paul Catholic Church, Athens’ First Presbyterian Church and others. The walk with finish in front of the Islamic Center followed by a candlelight vigil.

The peace walk is part of the year-long Better Together campaign, which is trying to mobilize students from various faith backgrounds to engage in community service and social justice together to make Ohio University and Athens better for everyone.

If You Go: 

9/11 Interfaith Peace Walk

Sunday 7 to 9 p.m.

Starts at The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, 64 Terrace Dr.

Free

Jazz Night with Nick Simko and Eli Chambers

Nick Simko and Eli Chambers of the Columbus-based band Radarhill come to Athens Uncorked on Saturday evening for Jazz Night.

The duo began playing together after they met at Ohio University’s School of Music. Today, Simko and Chambers travel around Ohio and the Midwest playing trumpet and bass instruments together.

“From standards you know and love to free improvisation, it's sure to be a night to remember!” the event’s Facebook page said.

If You Go: 

Jazz Night

Saturday 8 to 10 p.m.

Athens Uncorked, 14 Station St.

Sunday Funday with Doxcity

This Sunday, you can unwind to the sounds of Doxcity, live at Jackie O’s Taproom and Brewery with special guests D.jONES, Emcee Schwatrtz, Stoneface, 2DS, Rem da Reason, Kalvin Kush and Dawg Yawp.

The Sunday Funday will also feature the “amazing” artwork of Jessie Boone, as described on Sunday Funday event's  Facebook page.

If You Go: 

Sunday Funday with Doxcity

4:30 p.m., Sunday

Jackie O’s Taproom, 25 Campbell St.

The Punk Singer

Bikini Kill frontwoman, Kathleen Hanna, was a pioneer in the Riot Grrrl movement of the '90s and a feminist activist.

In a free screening hosted by Youth Against Misogyny and Sexism, you can watch director Sini Anderson’s exploration into Hanna’s life and career.

If You Go: 

The Punk Singer

4 p.m., Friday

United Campus Ministries, 18 N. College St.

Free

@saruhhhfranks

sf084814@ohio.edu