Alexis Milesky (11) lunges for the ball against Highpoint in Chessa Field on August 28th, 2016. MATT STARKEY|FOR THE POST

Soccer: Ohio stumbles in overtime against Robert Morris

After a double-overtime tie with Marshall on Friday, Ohio lost 1-0 at Robert Morris on Sunday afternoon when the Bobcats conceded in minute 92.

Ohio now has three losses this season.

The team's best chance to score Sunday came in minute 89 when Courtney Daugerdas had a shot saved. She scored both goals Friday. 

Although the Bobcats’ depth in players has been one of their strongest features this season, senior forward Alexis Milesky was certainly missed on offense. Milesky left in the first half of Friday’s game with an injury. That being said, Ohio’s offense put itself in position to score on several counts, but the strong finish the team needed just wasn’t there. The team attempted 10 shots including four on goal.

Junior keeper Vanessa Cordoba has also been out injured for the past few games, but Beurket has continued to prove her effectiveness in the goal since she stepped in for Cordoba in Ohio’s 5-0 blowout win over Cleveland State last week. She had eight saves in Sunday’s loss.

As nonconference play winds down, the Bobcats will have to figure out a way to capitalize on potential scoring plays. On Friday, Ohio will play Xavier. 

@LaurenJYoung94

ly688912@ohio.edu