This story has been updated to reflect the most recent reporting.
An Athens County Grand Jury indicted a former Ohio University student on rape charges Monday.
Cameron Wilson, a 23-year-old resident of Austin, Texas, has been charged with sexually assaulting another OU student in January, according to a news release from Athens County Prosecutor Keller Blackburn.
The release states that a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
The grand jury indicted Wilson on seven charges, according to the release:
- Rape, a first-degree felony
- Sexual battery, a third-degree felony
- Tampering with evidence, a third-degree felony
- Escape, a third-degree felony
- Possession of drugs, a fourth-degree felony
- Possession of heroin, a fifth-degree felony
- Possession of drugs, a first-degree misdemeanor
During an investigation of the report of sexual assault, the Athens Police Department also found Wilson to be in possession of drugs, according to the release.
The initial release stated that Wilson’s whereabouts were unknown, but according to a second news release from Blackburn, Wilson turned himself into the Athens County Court of Common Pleas on Wednesday.