Ohio University Student Senate President Hannah Clouser and Chief of Staff Landon Lama welcome returning members from last year as well as students interested in joining Student Senate on Wednesday evening in Walter Hall. (AUSTIN JANNING | FOR THE POST)

No resolutions on agenda for Student Senate

Ohio University Student Senate will meet Wednesday night in the wake of Election Day.

“It will be the first time the Senate body will convene since the results of the election,” Vice President Courteney Muhl said. “There’s the potential to discuss how (the result of the election) affects students.”

Senate President Hannah Clouser said she does not expect a lot of conversation about the election at Wednesday’s meeting because Senate is a non-partisan group.

“Our political concerns involve student loan costs, and the costs of higher education,” Clouser said.

Zero resolutions are on the agenda.

“We’ve been doing a lot of work this year,” Clouser said. “We’ll definitely have more next week.”

Following the general body meeting tomorrow, Senate will meet to pin buttons onto paper pledges opposing discrimination.

The buttons are for the Cultural Awareness Training for Students, or CATS, initiative and the buttons pledge the wearer to not tolerate hate on the OU campus and to speak up in situations of discrimination. The resolution for the buttons' budget of $127 for 500 buttons passed at the Oct. 26 Senate meeting.  

Students can take the pledge to “intervene against discrimination and not to use demeaning language,” Clouser said.

Amanda Petit from Zero Waste will address the body about how to put on green events.

“We thought it would be beneficial for all of Senate to be hearing it, so that they can transfer it to their other organizations,” Clouser said. 

@taylor_snyder01

ts802716@ohio.edu