Bryan Lubin (10) chases the puck agaist Colorado in Bird Arena Friday night. MATT STARKEY|FOR THE POST

Hockey: 'Bumps and Bruises' blog

As the season progresses for the Bobcats, and the weekend series continue to physically impact them, they will inevitably get injured. Post reporters Jordan Horrobin and Spencer Holbrook will write a weekly blog — if injuries allow — documenting Ohio’s bumps and bruises. 

Ohio (13-2-1) completed the first of five straight division series this past weekend with a split against Iowa State.

Bobcats coach Sean Hogan said his team is “remarkably healthy for this time of the year,” as Ohio is nearly halfway through its 36-game schedule.

But recurring pain is bothering some players. And this week, one new name is added to the injury report.

Forwards

Pat Hannan (concussion – OUT); Hannan will not practice this week or play this weekend against Illinois, Hogan said. Hannan skated before practice Tuesday, but he must go through concussion protocol before returning to regular play.

Matt Hartman (broken finger on his left hand); as far as production is concerned, the finger isn’t slowing Hartman down. He had a goal in both games against Iowa State and will continue playing regularly.

Austin Heakins (back pain); despite missing practice Monday and Tuesday, Heakins isn’t expected to miss time this weekend, Hogan said.

Defensemen

Jake Faiella (back pain); Faiella left practice Tuesday to stretch, but he returned in less than 10 minutes. Hogan does not expect Faiella to miss playing time.

@JordanHorrobin

jh950614@ohio.edu