Ohio welcomes both Duquesne and Xavier to Athens this weekend for a duel meet at 1 p.m. Saturday. The Bobcats won 11 of 14 events in their last meet against Denison on Jan. 7. 

Swim and Dive: Ohio dominates freestyle races but loses to Miami

Saturday brought a second consecutive loss for Ohio against a Mid-American Conference foe, but this time, the loss stung a bit more. 

Ohio lost 192-108 to rival Miami on Saturday with a third straight multi-win event for Corrie Van Lanen.

Van Lanen continued her dominance in the freestyle, winning the 50 and 100-yard races for the third straight event and adding a win in the 100-yard butterfly, which led the Bobcats.

The freestyle was where Ohio was in top form, as Mikayla Herich won two of her own in the 200-yard and 500-yard races for the second and third time this season, respectively. Herich added a third place finish in the 200-yard Individual Medley to round out her event.

The final first-place finish for Ohio came in the 200-yard butterfly by Annie Gosselin for the second time this year. Elena Patz finished in third place after winning the event last weekend.

In both the 400-yard medley and freestyle relays, the Bobcats came in second place, behind the Redhawks by just 0.60 seconds. 

For the second straight event, Olivia Dillon finished both diving events in the same position — this time it was second place in both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives.

After Ohio won its first event of the season, the team has lost both its events going into the Louisville Invite that will start on Nov. 17 and span four days in Louisville, Kentucky.

That tournament is hosted by Louisville, the school that coach Rachel Komisarz-Baugh was at before coming to Ohio.

@TREricWalker

ew399115@ohio.edu