The Seinfeld episode “The Strike” introduced the concept of Festivus, making it an iconic holiday episode (Via ew.com).

Stay in the spirit with some of the best holiday TV episodes to binge watch

There is nothing like curling up on the couch and turning on the television to your favorite shows.

During the holiday season, many television shows make episodes to celebrate holidays. Though the season is coming to an end, people can stay in the spirit by watching their favorite festive shows. Here is a holiday-inspired binge list to prolong the end of the season.

1. Lizzie McGuire: "Here Comes Aaron Carter” — This episode is for those looking for a little bit of nostalgia. When pop sensation Aaron Carter shoots his newest music video near Lizzie’s (Hilary Duff) house, she and her friends sneak on set to meet him. The music video is Christmas-themed, and Carter kisses Lizzie underneath the mistletoe.
  2. Friends: “The One With The Holiday Armadillo” — Friends has many different holiday episodes, but this one takes an interesting turn. When Ross (David Schwimmer) tries to teach his son about Hanukkah, the child fears Santa will not bring him presents. At the last minute, Ross searches for a Santa costume to console his son, but he only finds an armadillo costume.
  3. Seinfeld: “The Strike” — The episode introduced viewers to a new holiday celebrated on Dec. 23 — Festivus. Festivus is a non-commercial celebration that precedes Christmas, a commercial holiday. The holiday was created by one of the scriptwriters for Seinfeld, Dan O’Keefe, who participates in Festivus with his family.
  4. 30 Rock: "Ludachristmas” — This Christmas episode is relatable for anyone who has to deal with their crazy families on the holiday. Liz Lemon’s (Tina Fey) family comes for a visit, as well as Jack’s (Alec Baldwin) mother. The rest of 30 Rock prepares for the “Ludachristmas” party.
  5. Arrested Development: “Afternoon Delight” — Just like most of the sitcoms centered around a workplace environment, the episode builds up to a company Christmas party. It is named afternoon delight for two reasons — Michael (Jason Bateman) and Maeby (Alia Shawkat) get in trouble for singing “Afternoon Delight,” and a couple of people decide to eat treats made with cannabis.
  6. This Is Us: “Last Christmas” — “Nothing bad ever happens on Christmas Eve,” according to the new hit TV show, This Is Us. Nominated for three Golden Globes — including Best television Series, Drama — This Is Us gave viewers a great Christmas episode filled with family, drama and a surprise ending.
  7. The O.C.: “The Best Chrismukkah Ever” — Chrismukkah is a recurring holiday throughout the series. The bi-religious holiday is created by Seth (Adam Brody), who made it up in order to accommodate his multi-religion household.
  8. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life: “Winter” — Those who do not wish to watch holiday-themed episodes can open Netflix and watch the first episode of the Gilmore Girls revival. The episode showcases the pristine views of Stars Hollow as it transforms into a winter wonderland.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu