Police Blotter

Police Blotter: Chocolate milk burglar strikes local residence and eats their snack cakes

Even though Thanksgiving loomed right around the corner, one burglar with an apparent sweet tooth just couldn’t help themselves when it came to getting a quick sugar fix last week.

Last Tuesday, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of an inactive burglary, which had occurred while the resident was at work. The caller told officers that someone had entered her home while she was away and poured themselves a glass of chocolate milk, leaving it on the counter.

Additionally, the caller reported there were “a few snack cakes” missing from her bedroom, according to the police report. The incident remains under investigation.

In the ten days leading up to Thanksgiving, the Ohio University Police Department received seven reports of theft, three reports of criminal mischief, one burglary incident, three alcohol-related reports and six drug-related reports.

Grand Theft O’Bleness

At approximately 11:30 p.m. on Nov. 15, OUPD received a call from a student in O’Bleness House, who reported that while he was “out with friends,” an unknown individual broke into his room, making off with both a television and a Playstation 4, according to the police report.

During a follow-up, however, the student told officers that one of his friends stole the items “as a prank” and had later returned the electronics undamaged. The complaint was deemed unfounded, and the case was closed.

The Bicycle Bully

On Saturday, Athens County Sheriff’s deputies were called to Chauncey in response to a report of harassment, in which a man reported a “very mean” individual had been threatening to steal his bicycle, claiming to know where the caller lived.

Upon conducting a foot patrol of the surrounding area, the case was closed, as no suspects or suspicious activity could be reported.

Naked and Afraid

Early last Sunday morning, officers from the Athens Police Department responded to a residence on Grosvenor Street in regards to a reported assault. Upon arriving at the scene, officers spoke with the victims before attempting to speak with a “naked, intoxicated” suspect, according to the police report.

The suspect, a woman, was arrested and charged with two counts of assault in addition to one count of criminal damaging, in which an hourglass valued at $75 was damaged, according to the report. She was subsequently transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

@lauren__fisher

lf966614@ohio.edu