It's never too late to start holiday shopping, so The Post compiled a gift guide for the last-minute shoppers who still need a few extra ideas for their loved ones.
- The T-shirts at College Bookstore are perfect for a last-minute present grab. There are around 15 options so there is something for everyone. Some of the shirts are cheap too, around $6, making them awesome choices for the average broke college student. Give one to a parent so they can show some more bobcat pride.
- College Bookstore also offers sweatshirts for $18.04 (we see what you did there). There are more choices than the typical Ohio University colors, which makes them more universal. They are a super easy pickup for that friend who lives in sweats or for the parents that live and breathe OU.
- Most bars have T-shirts of their very own ready to sell to anyone. A couple of bars, like The C.I., even have the shirts in different colors. Head over and grab one for your going-out buddy from your favorite bar.
- For anyone who needs to liven up their apartment/house, Cross Court Cards & Gifts has a mass amount of decorations centered around — you guessed it — Athens and OU. There is everything from bottle openers that hang on the wall to photos of Court Street.
- Jackie O’s Pub & Brewery has plenty of six packs of their local craft brews ready to sell for any beer enthusiast. They have seasonal brews —some coffee-flavored—as well as their regulars, so there is something for everyone’s taste, no matter how odd.
- Gift cards are the fall-back to any accidental memory loss about buying gifts. Many places to eat around Athens sells gift cards. Grab one from you and your friend’s favorite place to eat when avoiding dining halls. Casa Nueva, Union Street Diner and Ginger Asian Kitchen all have gift cards ready to go, as well as many other restaurants.
- For the coffee addicts, most coffee shops around town sell coffee that is able to be made at home. Buy a bag of their favorite coffee and call it a day on present shopping. Some places, like Donkey Coffee and Espresso, even have T-shirts and sweatshirts for sale so your friend can cozy up in a sweatshirt while drinking their favorite coffee.
- Check out the Southeast Ohio History Center for any historians in your life. They sell interesting books detailing Athens’ history, as well as apparel. Buy your historian an Athens tote for them to carry all of their history books around.
- If all else fails, offer to buy the first few rounds at the bars next time you go out with friends while back in Athens. Everyone loves a free drink or two.