Ohio welcomes both Duquesne and Xavier to Athens this weekend for a duel meet at 1 p.m. Saturday. The Bobcats won 11 of 14 events in their last meet against Denison on Jan. 7. 

Swim & Dive: Ohio takes on Marshall in final meet of 2016

Ohio will to Marshall for its final meet of 2016 and looking to end the year with a second dual-meet win this season.

Last time in the pool, Ohio set 28 lifetime bests and finished in third-place at the six-team Louisville Invitational despite zero top-two finishes.

“This is the fastest we’ve ever swam in a midseason meet,” Ohio coach Rachel Komisarz-Baugh said.

Ohio has been improving in every meet this season so far and Komisarz-Baugh wants that to continue in the final meet of the year.

Last year, Ohio beat Marshall 198-108 in Athens, and in 2014 the Bobcats fell to the Thundering Herd in Huntington, West Virginia.

Ohio has won three of the last four dual-meets with Marshall with the Bobcats last win coming in Huntington in 2013.

Komisarz-Baugh said that Marshall have turned it around this year and that it will be a very competitive meet.

The teams have one common opponent in Mid-American Conference foe, Miami, who both Marshall and Ohio lost to by similar scores, 188-112 and 192-108, respectively.

“Coming off a three-day meet like that and then coming off a holiday moving into finals week, it's tough … they’ve got so many other things on their mind right now," Komisarz-Baugh said. "I’m just looking for them to come together as a team and fight and be tough throughout the whole meet."

After the meet against Marshall, Ohio is off until Jan. 7 when it welcomes Denison to Athens.

@TREricWalker

ew399115@ohio.edu