Bryan Lubin (10) chases the puck agaist Colorado in Bird Arena Friday night. MATT STARKEY|FOR THE POST

Hockey: 'Bumps and Bruises' blog

As the season progresses for the Bobcats, and the weekend series continue to physically impact them, they will inevitably get injured. Post reporters Jordan Horrobin and Spencer Holbrook will write a weekly blog — if injuries allow — documenting Ohio’s bumps and bruises.

A bye week, courtesy of the Thanksgiving break, surely provided Ohio (14-3-1) some much-needed rest ahead of its series against Lindenwood this weekend at Bird Arena.

The Bobcats were missing a few faces when they went back to practice Monday, but the overall energy of the players on the ice was high after the time off school, which started Wednesday.

Forwards

Drew Crandall (back injury – OUT); Ohio coach Sean Hogan said Crandall sustained a back injury in a game against Liberty at the end of October, but played through it. This past weekend, Crandall’s back pain “flared up,” according to Hogan, and Crandall will not play against Lindenwood.

Pat Hannan (flu); as of Tuesday, Hannan wasn’t practicing. It’s unclear whether or not he’ll miss time this weekend.

Austin Heakins (back pain); he was in a red, no-contact jersey but is expected to play this weekend.

Matt Hartman (broken finger on his left hand); he practiced in a regular-contact jersey and will play this weekend.

Defensemen

Jake Faiella (back pain); he will play this weekend.

@JordanHorrobin

jh950614@ohio.edu