Ohio sophomore guard Jordan Dartis drives past Bowling Green freshman guard Dylan Fyre during the first half of their game at the Stroh Center in Bowling Green.

Men's Basketball: Ohio destroys Bowling Green behind Simmons, Kaminski

BOWLING GREEN — Ohio defeated Bowling Green on Saturday, 96-72, for the first time under third-year coach Saul Phillips.

It was the first time since 2014 Ohio had won inside the Stroh Center. Its largest lead was 29.

Jaaron Simmons led Ohio with a season-high 23 points and five assists.

The Bobcats (13-6, 5-3 Mid-American Conference) dominated throughout, leading from the first half's 16-minute mark onward, as Jordan Dartis finished with 16 points and four 3-pointers. He's made a 3-pointer in 16-straight games. All of his points came in the first half with 6-of-7 shooting.

Kenny Kaminski added 22 points on 7-10 3-point shooting, too, in a bounce-back performance.

Bowling Green had only six scholarship players and a depleted backcourt, giving way to Ohio's best performance since All-MAC Antonio Campbell's season-ending injury earlier this month.

Bowling Green (8-13, 2-6 MAC) announced Thursday it suspended starters Zack Denny and Ismali Ali along with backups Rasheed Worrell and Antwon Lillard for Saturday's matchup due to the four "failing to live up to the expectations of the program," according to the Toledo Blade.

Falcons guard Dylan Frye led all scorers with 24 points and occasional jabs at the Ohio bench.

Two Falcons players who played Saturday, Hunter Folkertsma and Teo Redding, were also members of the programs' football team this academic year, as well.

Saturday saw a resurgence of Kaminski, who came into the matchup making just 19 points on 7-of-27 shooting during the previous three games. The Bobcats are 8-4 this season when Kaminski, a redshirt senior from Medina, scores 10 points or more.

@Lukeoroark

Lr514812@ohio.edu