Ohio hosted Duquesne and Xavier in a duel meet on Saturday, January 21 at the Ohio University Aquatic Center. The Bobcats beat Duquesne 177-78 and Xavier 160-97.

Ohio Swim and Dive: Ohio prepares for final home meet of the season against Toledo

It's the final dual-meet of the season for Ohio, as the it will take on Mid-American Conference foe Toledo on Saturday.

Ohio is going for its fourth win in January in dual-meets.

This is the first MAC meet for Ohio since Nov. 5, when it lost to Miami. The Bobcats have turned their season around in the new year, however. 

Ohio is coming into this meet with wins over Duquesne and Xavier on Jan. 21. It won all but one event last weekend.

Toledo is coming to Athens with six dual-meet losses in a row, most recently back-to-back conferences losses to Akron and Miami. Toledo doesn't have a single dual-meet win this season.

In terms of common opponents, both Ohio and Toledo have lost to Eastern Michigan and Miami this season, but Ohio beat Duquesne, unlike Toledo, who lost.

The seniors will be honored before the meet, as it is the last dual-meet of the season for Ohio as well. They've been at Ohio longer than anyone else, including coach Rachel Komisarz-Baugh, who started after their freshman year.

“It is our last dual meet. It is our senior meet, so we’ll be recognizing our seniors, and I think that always kind of brings a little emotion and energy to the meet,” Komisarz-Baugh said.

The senior swimmers are coming off a solid last meet, one that included three first-place finishes and two other top-three finishes.

Corrin Van Lanen has been dominant in the short distance freestyle events and is looking to win the 50-yard freestyle for the seventh time this year. She has won all six of the times that event has been raced at dual-meets this season.

The final home meet of the season starts at 2 p.m. Saturday and will be preceded by a ceremony honoring the year's seniors.

@TREricWalker

ew399115@ohio.edu