Sophomore Cameron Kelly stretches during wrestling practice at the Convocation Center October 25, 2016.

​Wrestling: Ohio looks to continue its dominance over Mid-American Conference foe Northern Illinois

Coming off a loss this past Sunday to Central Michigan, Ohio (4-4, 2-2 MAC) looks to bounce back and get above the .500 mark in both overall and conference record.

The toughest aspect for the Bobcats to be able to bounce back is overcoming travel. Ohio has consecutive away duals as it travels to Northern Illinois this weekend and to Kent State the following weekend.

Yet with all of the traveling, Ohio has a mental advantage over the Huskies.

The last time Ohio lost to Northern Illinois was back in 2008 by a score of 26-10. The Bobcats haven’t lost in DeKalb to the Huskies in 10 years dating all the way back to Jan. 18, 2007, when they lost 18-13.

Ohio won last year's matchup in Athens by a score of 23-10. Of course last year's team was fully loaded and had earned victories from four seniors — four seniors that had to be replaced.

Northern Illinois (3-3, 0-2 MAC) has been a team of absolutes. When it has won, it has won big; losses have been big losses.

Winning two out of the three duals in November at the Purdue Duals, the Huskies were poised with confidence to have a nice start to their 2016-17 campaign. However, poised with confidence and results are different.

Northern Illinois had its first MAC match of the season in the confines of its home arena in late November against Old Dominion and was blown out by a score of 22-9.

Despite a blow out in their first conference dual, the Huskies hung tough against nationally-ranked Northern Iowa, only falling against the Panthers 23-17.

@mparker_5

mp109115@ohio.edu