Roderick Mcdavis and David Wolfort listen to a presentation about signs during a Board of Trustees meeting. MATT STARKEY|FOR THE POST

Ohio University's next president will be announced Feb. 22

Ohio University's 21st president will be announced Feb. 22.

The Ohio University Board of Trustees will meet at 10 a.m. at OU’s Dublin Campus to vote on the appointment of OU’s next president, according to a news release.

“On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I want to thank each of you for your active engagement throughout the search process,” Board Chair David Wolfort said in the release. “We are confident that our 21st President will be an engaging, dynamic leader, and we are enthusiastic about the opportunity ahead of us as we begin this transition.”

A live stream of the Board’s announcement will be available.

Dean Bresciani, one of the four finalists, dropped out of the running for the position Tuesday.

Bresciani decided to remain in his current position as the president of North Dakota State University, he announced in an email to the university.

The other three search finalists are OU Executive Vice President and Provost Pam Benoit; Robert Frank, former University of New Mexico president; and Duane Nellis, former Texas Tech University president.

OU President Roderick McDavis will leave office Feb. 17, and David Descutner will serve as interim president from Feb. 18 until June 30.

@megankhenry

mh573113@ohio.edu