Ohio's Hannah Boesinger tries to maneuver around Toledo's Janice Monakana during a game at the Convo on Feb. 4, 2017. Ohio beat Toledo 61-55. (HANNAH RUHOFF / FOR THE POST)

Women's Basketball: Ohio's losing streak extends to three games

Ohio hoped to end its two-game losing streak Wednesday, but Ohio (18-8, 9-6 Mid-American Conference) extended that streak to three games after losing 65-54 to Buffalo (19-7, 9-6 MAC).

It felt as though each time Ohio shot the ball, Summer Hemphill was on the other end for Buffalo, collecting 17 rebounds.

Shots were falling for Ohio in The Convo last month when they earned an 83-55 win against Buffalo, but Ohio could not replicate that success in Buffalo this time around.

“I thought that the last couple of games we took some pretty good shots and missed them,” coach Bob Boldon said after the game. “We may have to re-evaluate what a good shot is and try to do a better job putting the ball in the basket.”

The Bobcats struggled from everywhere on the court, missing 45 shots in the game — the third-straight game with more than 45 misses, all of which have been losses.

If shots are not falling, the team needs to score from the free-throw line. Ohio was not the team attempting free throws, however, as it went 7-of-10, compared to Buffalo, which made 21-of-25 free throws.

“I still believe we have a pretty good team," Boldon said. "We’re just struggling to put it together right now, and that happens."

Quiera Lampkins was still able to put together a double-double with 22 points and 10 rebounds, along with four assists.

Amani Burke was the only other Bobcat in double figures, scoring 11. Overall, Ohio struggled to score in the second half, with 23 points.

Ohio and Buffalo are now tied for second in the MAC East with the season series tied at one apiece and three games remaining for each team.

“I don’t think that team that played well early in the year disappeared,” Boldon said. “It’s in there somewhere, so we’ll work to get it out of them and try to be a little bit better next week.”

@TREricWalker

ew399115@ohio.edu