Halle Weber is a freshman studying journalism with a focus in news and information at Ohio University.

On A High Note: Must-have records for your collection

Yes, I still own records, and you should too. I could never truly narrow down my list of keepsakes to just 10 albums, but I can name some of my favorites. Do yourself a favor and check them out.

My Aim is True by Elvis Costello (1977)

This is my favorite record of all time. It’s a lyrical masterpiece. Costello doesn’t get enough credit; nobody else can write like him. If you’re a closet romantic, this one’s for you.

Sticky Fingers by The Rolling Stones (1971)

The Stones have a ridiculous number of legendary albums, but this is the best. Why? It shows their depth. Acoustic ballads like “Wild Horses” and “Dead Flowers” are unmatched by any rock band to date.

Rumours by Fleetwood Mac (1976)

Stevie Nicks is a goddess. This record is perfectly assembled down to the most minuscule of details. Make it the soundtrack to your life, and I swear you won’t regret it.

Speak Now by Taylor Swift (2010)

Swift wrote this entire record without any co-writers, a feat unheard of in the modern music industry. The record belongs in the collection of any true music fan. Swift’s lyrics are her moneymaker. Listen to “Last Kiss” and try not to cry.

I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning by Bright Eyes (2005)

Raw, honest and heartbreaking, the record is one of the most beautiful works of art I have ever been lucky enough to discover. It tells the story of a depressed, lonely young writer with alcoholic tendencies in vivid detail.

Vessel by Twenty One Pilots (2013)

Tyler Joseph made a career out of breaking the silence on the taboo of mental health. He writes captivating suicidal lyrics that have helped a long list of depressed young people cope with the illness. The record made Twenty One Pilots alternative music legends and set them up for the mainstream success that Blurryface has enjoyed.

AM by Arctic Monkeys (2013)

Arctic Monkeys are one of the few bands that actually get better with each album. Every track on this record is modern rock perfection. “No. 1 Party Anthem” is chillingly good.

Melophobia by Cage the Elephant (2013)

This is the best rock album of the decade. I have yet to meet someone who has a complaint about “Cigarette Daydreams.” Cage the Elephant reached a climax with that record because it is entirely in their own style.

I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It by The 1975 (2016)

The indie masterpiece blows my mind every time I hear it. It’s simultaneously vintage and contemporary. So much intellect went into the production of that record, and it couldn’t be more perfect.

Greatest Hits by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (1993)

Every single Tom Petty hit is an anthem. I listen to this record more than anything else. Petty is a wonderful storyteller and an irreplaceable artist.

Halle Weber is a freshman studying journalism with a focus in news and information at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. Do you have any of these records? Let Halle know by emailing or tweeting her at hw422715@ohio.edu or @HalleWeber13, respectively.