An OUPD vehicle is parked outside of Scott Quad. (JOSHUA LIM | FILE)

Ohio University Police Department receives seventh rape report of Spring Semester

The Ohio University Police Department fielded a report of rape Tuesday, bringing the total number of sex-related crimes reported to local law enforcement this week to four.

The incident occurred at approximately 11:30 p.m. Monday, according to the police report, which does not specify details about the anonymous victim, or mention where the crime occurred. At 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, OUPD responded to the emergency room at OhioHealth O’Bleness Memorial Hospital to retrieve a sexual assault examination kit.

This report marks the seventh rape reported to OUPD since the beginning of Spring Semester. On Feb. 24, an 18-year-old female reported unwanted sexual contact from a known acquaintance in Atkinson House.

On Wednesday, the Athens Police Department received its second and third reports of alleged rape for the week, when two women told an officer someone they knew raped them between November 2016 and February 2017.

Earlier in the week, a juvenile girl told an APD officer a male she knew sexually assaulted her Sunday night, according to a previous Post report.

APD received 40 calls reporting incidents of rape during 2016, according to statistics the department released Tuesday in its annual report.

@lauren__fisher

lf966614@ohio.edu