Ohio University Student Senate President Hannah Clouser and Chief of Staff Landon Lama welcome returning members from last year as well as students interested in joining Student Senate on Wednesday evening in Walter Hall. (AUSTIN JANNING | FOR THE POST)

Student Senate: Three tickets will compete in election

Ohio University Student Senate elections began Tuesday when the Green Light ticket announced its campaign.

Since then, two other tickets announced their campaigns. The three campaigns on the ballot are Fight, Green Light and Voice. 

Fight will be led by presidential candidate David Parkhill, vice presidential candidate Allison Huedepohl and treasurer candidate Caleb Cline.

The Fight campaign has 19 members and is entirely external, meaning not a single candidate is currently in the senate. Last year, there was no outside ticket. Parkhill is the president of OU College Republicans but has never been in senate.

Alternatively, about half of the Green Light ticket’s 38 members have already been in senate.

Green Light presidential candidate Landen Lama, vice presidential candidate Nicole Schneider and treasurer candidate Zachary Woods have each served in senate for two years.

The Voice campaign is headed by presidential candidate Jordan Kelley, who is on senate’s LGBTQA Affairs Commission. He ran for president on the Impact ticket last year. Vice presidential candidate Keyarah Newton serves on the Black Affairs Commission, and treasurer candidate Dane Hudson is not in senate.

Senate candidates will hold three public debates and a town hall forum. The first Executive Debate will be at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 20, in the Bobcat Student Lounge.

Students can keep up with the debates by submitting questions on the Student Senate Judicial Panel’s OrgSync, tweeting with the hashtag #OhioUelections and watching the livestream on Student Senate's YouTube Channel.

Elections will begin at 8 a.m. on April 3 and end up at 7 p.m. on April 4. The online ballot will be available to all OU students.

@stasia_nic

an631715@ohio.edu