X Ambassadors will perform at MemAud Monday night (Provided via Wikimedia Commons). 

X Ambassadors to bring alternative music to MemAud Monday

“Renegades” will get “Unsteady” in MemAud to the sounds of X Ambassadors on Monday.

The New York-based band will play at Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium at 8 p.m. Tickets will cost $45 for the first 10 rows and $25 for the remainder.

X Ambassadors is an indie-pop, alternative band according to last.fm. They have had two songs in the Billboard Hot 100 chart, “Renegades” and “Unsteady,” which hit No. 17 and No. 20, respectively. The band has more than 6 million monthly listeners on Spotify, which makes them the 243rd most-listened in the world on the app.

On June 10, X Ambassadors released a special edition of their album VHS entitled VHS 2.0 which included five additional tracks and removed the interludes in the original album. They also released their newest song “Hoping” in March. All of the proceeds from the song within six months of its release will go to benefit American Civil Liberties Union and its fight against President Donald Trump’s immigration ban, according to Billboard.

Northern Faces will open the show on Monday. The New York-based band has more than 16 thousand monthly listeners on Spotify. Their most popular song “Wait, Wait, Wait” has been streamed on Spotify more than 2.5 million times.

Hailey Hartshorn, a freshman studying interior architecture, said she likes both the hit songs and wants to go to the show. She got introduced to the band by her brother, who she said has good musical taste.

“I don’t know a whole lot about them honestly,” Hartshorn said. “I would totally go.”

Allegra Solomon, a freshman studying English, saw X Ambassadors at Express Live! in Columbus a few years ago. She initially went to see Phantogram, but was ended up liking X Ambassadors and even got to meet the band after. She said she would considering seeing the band again.

“I just think that they have a really nice sound,” Solomon said. “It’s good alternative music.”

Georgia Davis contributed to this report.

@_alexdarus

ad019914@ohio.edu