Bryan Benchoff

Bryan Benchoff to leave Ohio University Foundation

Bryan Benchoff, vice president for University Advancement and president/CEO of the Ohio University Foundation, is stepping down.

He will be the president and CEO of Louisiana State University Foundation and vice president of Institutional Advancement, according to a Monday news release.

An interim vice president for University Advancement and president/CEO of the OU Foundation will be appointed to fill the position while a national search is conducted. A search firm will be hired and a university-wide search committee will be created.

Benchoff has served in his role at OU Foundation since 2011, and he will start his new role July 17.

“(Bryan) has led the Advancement Division and Foundation to significant levels of success,” interim OU President David Descutner said in a news release. “He leaves our university and our Foundation effectively positioned to grow support for Ohio University’s strategic priorities that focus on advancing educational opportunities, creative research and scholarly activity.”

Benchoff helped advance the public phase of The Promise Lives Campaign, which raised more than $500 million.

Before coming to OU, he was the president and CEO of the University of South Dakota Foundation and worked multiple positions with the West Virginia University Foundation.

Incoming OU President Duane Nellis worked at WVU during Benchoff’s tenure.

“I value and appreciate Bryan’s work and will miss the opportunity for us to collaborate once again,” Nellis said in the news release. “However, I certainly understand that this opportunity is one that is well matched for him and his talents and I know that LSU will be well served by his leadership.”

Benchoff said he had been looking forward to working with Nellis again.

“However, the opportunity at LSU is a tremendous one that represents a great fit on both a professional and personal level,” Benchoff said in the news release.

@megankhenry

mh573113@ohio.edu