OPEN ALL DAY
Alden Library Second Floor Learning Commons
The second floor Learning Commons will be open all night long for Ohio University students, which is not much of a change for most. “Every other floor has extended hours but it’s pretty much the same for the second floor,” Dashaun Slaughter, a sophomore studying computer engineering and an employee at the library, said.
Donkey Coffee and Espresso
The coffee house will stay open 24 hours until Thursday, when it will close at normal hours at 12:30 a.m. “The owner opened Donkey right out of college and knew the struggles of finding a place to do your all-nighters,” Kirsten Kueser, a senior studying journalism, said. Kueser is a barista at Donkey Coffee and Espresso.
The 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th floors of Alden Library will be open an extra two hours each night through Friday at 2 a.m.
• Pop-up snack carts will be placed at random times around campus at surprise locations throughout the week. There will be snacks available to anyone if they happen to be in the right place at the right time.
• Final Bites Coffee and Snacks at 2 a.m. on the second floor learning commons of Alden Library. There will be coffee and snacks.
• Pop-up Touch Lab at 2 p.m. on the fourth floor lobby area in Alden Library. Special collections librarian Miriam Intrator will bring pop-up books for students to look at and interact with for a study break.
• Twitter Trivia Contest at 7 p.m. Follow Alden Library on Twitter and answer trivia questions to win prizes.
• Therapy Dog Visit at 4 p.m. in the Friends of the Libraries Room (Alden Library 319). Relax and pet a trained therapy dog.