Skip to Content, Navigation, or Footer.
The Post

Captain Ken Gilbraith checks on the interior of Athens Fire Department's newest fire truck during the department's weekly equipment inspection at the AFD on Columbus Road on Oct. 3. 

Fire in bathroom vent fan damages Athens home

A fire that began in a bathroom vent fan Tuesday caused $50,000 in damage to an Athens building.

The fire at 7 Cardinal Lane spread to the attic, according to an Athens Fire Department news release.

AFD responded to the fire at about 11:30 a.m. and quickly extinguished the flames. There were no injuries.

AFD Chief Rob Rymer said in the release lint and dirt can accumulate and cause exhaust fans to overheat and cause fires. The debris can be blown out or removed with a vacuum.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu

Powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News
All Content © 2016-2022 The Post, Athens OH