Ohio's Taylor Saxton celebrates after she scores another run in the March 25, 2017, game against Toledo at the Ohio Softball Stadium. (HANNAH RUHOFF | FOR THE POST)

Softball: Ohio's secret motivation is a surprising kind of cat

Ohio is on an amazing roll right now. 

The Bobcats have won their last 11 games, including the first two games of the Mid-American Conference tournament. They've scored 70 runs during that stretch.

But after the most recent victory over Northern Illinois, Savannah Jo Dorsey revealed Ohio’s motivation: snow leopard awareness.

Dorsey, who had just struck out 14 in a complete game victory, said in an interview with the MAC the Bobcats watched Born in China, a Disneynature documentary that follows the lives of the three different animal families including a snow leopard named Dawa.

At the end of the movie, Dorsey revealed in a spoiler, Dawa sadly dies. Dorsey said that has inspired Ohio to raise awareness for the endangered snow leopards by winning.

"That broke us, we just want to fight for their endangerment awareness," a laughing Dorsey said in the interview. "That really gives us something to play for besides our sisters. We just love each other and love the game. That's coming together right now and we can see it on the field."

The day the movie was released, April 21, was the same day the Bobcats ended their three-series conference losing streak and started their 11-game winning streak.

The Bobcats have taken to social media with pictures of Dawa following Dorsey’s interview. Every player and coach on the team changed their twitter profile picture to a picture of Dawa, as did the team’s official twitter page.

The team has also started the hashtag #DubsForDawa.

Only time will tell if #DubsForDawa will be successful for the Bobcats, but one thing is for sure: As long as Ohio keeps playing, there will be a raised awareness for the endangered snow leopards.

@JimmyFarmer13

jf744915@ohio.edu