Baby Fiona is a hippo at the Cincinnati Zoo who saw bubbles for the first time this week. (provided via the Cincinnati Zoo's Instagram account) 

Fun News Friday: Doughnuts are falling from the sky; baby hippo sees first bubbles

Happy June! This week was a political whirlwind, from covfefe to Kathy Griffin. Here’s what was happening in the happy corners of the internet this week.

1. Doughnuts are falling from the sky in Denver

Denver’s LaMar’s Donuts sent doughnuts to the mayor’s office and the city’s fire and police departments, but they arrived in style. The Associated Press reported that the treats came flying in Wednesday on a drone.

“We’re doing it completely legal, we have very, very short deliveries from the drone where we have a safe takeoff location and the landing area is a Drone Dispatch team member who’s receiving the box of doughnuts,” Chris Bonnet, the CEO of Drone Dispatch, told the AP.

More people should fly me food. This is the future.

2. Cleveland is being the most extra, and it’s great

The first game of the NBA Finals was last night, and these babies got treatment fit for King James himself. Additionally, these people were really The Most and decorated their yards for the occasion.

Is there really anything purer than Cleveland in basketball time? Oh, and you can read about all the nifty things happening in the Land here.

3. By California law, a hot dog is apparently a sandwich

I don’t know how to feel about this one, but Mental Floss reports that the law states a hot dog is indeed a sandwich in California.

“The bold word choice appears in the state’s tax law, which mentions ‘hot dog and hamburger sandwiches’ served from ‘sandwich stands or booths,’" the story says.

I apologize for stirring the pot with this controversy.

4. Baby hippo Fiona saw bubbles for the first time

The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden's baby hippo, who was born prematurely, got to have her moment in the spotlight. People love Fiona — she has been a social media star.

"It's kind of the crown accomplishment to have her out here acting the same as a normal, mother-reared hippo," Christina Gorsuch told Cincinnati.com, noting that Fiona is now on pace with where she'd be if she were not born prematurely. "This was hard to imagine four months ago."

Hip, hip, hooray for Fiona the hippo!

5. The Manchester benefit concert sold out in less than six minutes

An Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England — which will also Justin Bieber, the Black Eyed Peas, Coldplay, Miley Cyrus, Niall Horan, Little Mix, Katy Perry, Take That, Usher, Robbie Williams and Pharrell Williams, and perhaps a few surprise guests — sold out just minutes after tickets went on sale.

All proceeds from the concert will go to the Red Cross’ Manchester Emergency Fund and benefit the victims and families affected by the bombing on May 22 in which 22 people died, E! News reported.

The concert is expected to raise $2.6 million, and I think that will warm your heart.

See any fun news during the week? Let Maddie know by shooting her an email or a tweet.

@maddiecapron

mc055914@ohio.edu