Here are 21 songs that will get people singing and dancing at the next big party. (Photo via Flickr Creative Commons user nicolas genin)

21 songs to request that will impress any party

When standing in front of a jukebox on Court Street or finally getting your hands on an aux cord at a party, it’s easy to freeze up. The next song played can’t be something everyone’s already sick of, but it also needs to be something anyone can get down to and sing along to regardless of their music tastes. Here are 21 songs to keep in mind when you are trying to get the people hyped on Friday and Saturday nights. 

1. “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield

Literally try to listen to this song without singing along and living “your life with arms wide open.” 

2. “1985” by Bowling for Soup

Everyone needs a little pop punk now and then, and what is more quintessentially 2004 than this hit?

3. “That’s What I Like” by Bruno Mars

This song was one of the most quintessential songs of the summer and honestly shouldn’t be restricted to just the warm months. Once it comes on, it’s physically impossible not to bust a move. 

4. “Temperature” by Sean Paul

Ever nostalgic to get back on the Dance Dance Revolution mat? Yeah, so is everyone else. The hip-hop beat will get everyone stomping twice to the right and twice to the left.  

5. “Work it” by Missy Elliott

The “Missy Elliott one time exclusive” will get everyone rapping along.

6. “Dancing in the Moonlight” by Toploader

When Toploader’s cover of the King Harvest hit is on, you’ll get the whole place belting lyrics and “feeling warm and right.”

7. “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire

Even when it’s not Sept. 21, people love boogying to this disco track. 

8. “Promiscuous” by Nelly Furtado 

Once upon a time in 2006, Nelly Furtado and Timbaland came together, and magic was made. 

9. “We Belong Together” by Mariah Carey 

When those first piano notes come on the speakers, everyone unleashes their inner divas and remembers that one high school crush that got away. 

10. “Sorry” by Justin Bieber

It’s never too late to play “Sorry.” Even Justin Bieber haters can’t deny the urge to tap their foot when this banger comes on. 

11. “Pretty Girl Rock” by Keri Hilson 

Want to get every girl in the place to feeling empowered and strutting their stuff? This song’s “so fly it’s a little bit scary.” 

12. “The Time (Dirty Bit)” by The Black Eyed Peas

Name anything better than when this smash quartet got their hands on the iconic song from Dirty Dancing. 

13. “No One” by Alicia Keys

Warning: This vocal-driven ballad will get people standing on tables belting their hearts out. 

14. “Beez in the Trap” by Nicki Minaj feat. 2 Chainz 

“Beez in the Trap” is often forgotten on playlists, but once it comes on, everyone remembers all of the words. 

15. “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood

Those who despise country music can’t help getting fired up listening to this track about getting revenge.  

16. “Get Crazy” by LMFAO

Everyone had a Jersey Shore phase and won’t be able to help themselves from fist pumping when the show’s theme track come's on. 

17. “Mambo No. 5 (A little bit of...)" by Lou Bega

If you request this one, take note: Half the crowd will try to show off that they know all the names in the chorus. 

18. “Best I Ever Had” by •Drake

It's easy to forget how much you need early Drake in your life, and it’s so easy to remember when this track comes on.  

19. “Lucky” by Britney Spears

Bubble-gum pop songs from the early 2000s never fail to get listeners singing along, and “Lucky” is every wannabe pop star’s anthem. 

20. “Champion” by Kanye West

The track from Graduation is often forgotten and underrated, but the Yeezy throwback is perfect to groove to. 

21. “Love on Top” by Beyonce 

Can you really make a playlist for a fun party without Queen Bey? 

@M_PECKable
mp172114@ohio.edu