A.J. Ouellette battles with Purdue's Navon Mosley during Ohio University's game against Purdue University on September 9, 2017 (Blake Nissen | Photo Editor)

Football: Vulnerable Kansas secondary headed to Athens

To put it lightly, Kansas football has struggled in recent years.

To put it more accurately, Kansas has arguably been the worst team in the Football Bowl Subdivision this decade.

Since 2010, Kansas has had the lowest win percentage of any FBS team with a .174 win percentage. Second from the bottom is New Mexico State with a .207 win percentage.

The Jayhawks are 15-71 since 2010 and coach David Beaty, now in his third season, is 2-23.

Ohio shouldn't have any problem putting Kansas away on Saturday — Ohio won last year in Lawerence 37-21.

Now, Kansas is headed to Athens for revenge. Whether the Jayhawks will get it remains to be seen.

Breakdown

The full version of the Kansas game wasn't available online, but the highlights were. 

Kansas faced another Mid-American Conference school at home last week in Central Michigan. Quite simply, the Chippewas dominated.

Quarterback Shane Morris shredded the Jayhawks defense for 467 yards and five touchdowns through the air. Central Michigan's leading rusher, Jonathan Ward, only carried the ball 11 times, but averaged 5.4 yards per carry. 

It was an offensive outburst for a team that just lost its quarterback to the NFL.

At the 53 second mark of the video, Central Michigan lines up in the spread. Kansas counters with a 4-2-5 look, with a cornerback kicked out to the slot.

The Jayhawks get no pressure blitzing just four — something that it appeared they did often in their 4-3 scheme.

Morris drops back as comfortable as ever, fires a strike to the slot receiver on the right side, Mark Chapman. 

Chapman caught eight passes for 168 yards and three touchdowns against the Jayhawks. 

Kansas ran man-to-man on this play, and one of the linebackers got caught up. Instead of going back to cover Chapman running a corner route, he steps up on the running back in the flats.

Morris hits Chapman along the sideline for a big gain, one that stops the clock. 

Two plays later, Central Michigan scores to take a 24-6 lead over Kansas headed into the half. Central Michigan won the game 45-27, on the back of a 24-point second quarter. 

Judgement

Ohio should have no problem taking care of business. Despite not having a named starting quarterback, the Bobcats offense should be able to run wild against a sputtering Jayhawks team. 

Whether the starter is Nathan Rourke or Quinton Maxwell, both should have a field day against a Kansas team that just might be the worst team in FBS college football. 

@Andrew_Gillis70

ag709513@ohio.edu