No Strings Attached: Products I love for mornings I hate

I know we are only heading into week four of the school year, but I am already exhausted when I wake up in the morning. If you are anything like me, you’re full of energy during the nighttime and have big dreams about how cute you will look tomorrow when you wake up a little bit early to put a nice outfit on and extra effort into your makeup. Morning rolls around, and you accidentally press snooze six times. It happens to the best of us, but now your dreams of looking nice today are shattered and put on hold. Sure, you might be scrambling to get ready for class now, but with the help of a few of these beauty products, you may still have a chance to redeem yourself. 

The first step to feeling fresh and put together is a good skin care routine. Fifteen minutes is on the clock, and it’s making you feel rushed, but guess what? It only takes three minutes to wash your face. Start off with Burt’s Bees’ Peach & Willow Bark Deep Pore Scrub to exfoliate and cleanse your face. The small peach stone grounds and willow bark extract always leaves you feeling refreshed. Now that your skin is a clean canvas for a light day of makeup, it’s time to talk foundation.

Twelve minutes is now ticking down on the clock, and you need something that will make you feel put together fast. You definitely do not think that you have time for contouring, but I promise my version will only take you minutes. Every morning I use Maybelline’s Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation paired with the brand’s matching powder. Once I apply both products, I take a contour brush and quickly sweep and blend NYX bronzer on my cheekbones and forehead. You’re almost done now, just a few finishing touches as the five minute mark quickly approaches. 

There are few things in this world that can make you feel glamorous at an ungodly hour of the morning when you are playing games with your alarm clock. Luckily, a stick highlighter is one saving grace. For timeliness and ease, I use Benefit Cosmetics’ Watts Up! Cream-to-Powder Highlighter. The product is so easy to glide over your cheekbones and nose, and it will give you a lasting glow. Four minutes are left until you need to run to class, so take two of them to sweep on Too Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara, which gives you a full glamour look with one coat. 

Finally, you’re done trying to look presentable, but don’t forget to get dressed. I think my itinerary left you precisely two minutes to do so. Wait, I forgot to remind you to brush your teeth, and now you’re officially out of time. I’m blaming this one on you. You really need to build a better relationship with your snooze button.  

Rylie Brown is a junior studying journalism with a focus in news and information. Please note that the views and opinions expressed by columnists do not reflect those of The Post. What are your pick-me-up products for rough mornings? Tweet her @RylieMarieBrown.