Police Blotter: Thief reportedly steals porch swing, refrigerator and more

While Ohio University students enjoyed the long weekend, campus police officers cranked out nearly 30 marijuana citations.

Officers with the Ohio University Police Department cited 27 people with possession of marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia during Labor Day weekend. Another person was arrested for felony drug possession.

Officers wrote two citations for underage drinking and one for public intoxication over the weekend.

A banner at Bromley Hall was reported missing Friday, and on Sunday light fixtures in a Sargent Hall stairwell were reported broken.

Kitchen klepto

On Saturday in New Marshfield, a woman reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office that a wide range of items were missing from her home.

She reported three metal cabinets, her kitchen stove, the gas heater, the water heater, the washer and dryer and a 100-gallon gas tank missing.

Both her refrigerator and her mini-fridge were also missing from her home, along with the porch swing and “all of the copper piping,” according to the report.

The sheriff’s office asks anyone with information on the incident to call the department’s non-emergency line at 740-593-6633.

McDrunk

McDonald’s employees on Richland Avenue stopped a sheriff’s deputy on Saturday. They told the deputy an intoxicated man was trying to get into someone else’s vehicle in the McDonald’s parking lot.

The man was sitting in his own vehicle when the deputy entered the parking lot, according to a sheriff’s office report. An Athens Police Department officer arrived and arrested him for public intoxication.

Below the law

Members of the Athens County Criminal Interdiction Unit saw a man wanted on three active warrants outside a residence in Chauncey, according to a sheriff’s report.

As officers worked to confirm the warrants, the wanted man fled. He was found hiding under the residence and taken to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu