Midfeilder Allie Curry (10) cuts upfeild against Xavier on Chessa Field on September 16th, 2016. MATT STARKEY|FILE

Soccer: Bobcats look to rebound against the Thundering Herd from overtime defeat

Five days removed from their 2-1 double overtime loss to Xavier, Ohio (3-2-0) is headed to Huntington, West Virginia to take on Marshall. 

After their matchup against Marshall, Ohio will return home to take on Kentucky.

Something to keep an eye on coming out of the Xavier game is Ohio’s goalie situation. 

Erin Beurket played the entirety of Sunday’s loss, despite her and Sydney Malham playing equally in past games. 

On offense, Ohio will be looking to continue this aggressive style that has been a trend in their games this year. In five games, the Bobcats have 79 shots on the season, 40 on goal.

The Bobcats have struggled on the road this season and have yet to secure a victory away from Athens. Meanwhile, Marshall (1-4-0) is riding a wave of momentum following their first win of the season in an overtime affair at home against Gardner-Webb.

The Thundering Herd are led by Mary Lawman, a freshman who has a goal and 14 shots on the year, including 5 on goal.

Last year’s matchup between these two teams ended in a 2-2 draw at Chessa Field.

Kickoff for this game will be Friday at 7 p.m. at Hoops Family Field at Veterans Memorial Soccer Complex.

After that game, Ohio will focus in on a home game with Kentucky (2-4-0). This game marks the first time a Power Five team will come to Athens since 2013, when the Bobcats lost to Indiana 1-0.

This game will kick off on Sunday at 1 p.m. at Chessa Field.

@_relyt_j

tj932016@ohio.edu

Tyler Johnson

Sports