A Grey's Anatomy character found out she has a brain tumor in Thursday's episode. (PROVIDED via @GreysABC on Twitter)

This 'Grey's Anatomy' character has a brain tumor

The Grey’s Anatomy season premiere brought the drama — and a brain tumor. 

While Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) was operating on Owen Hunt (Kevin McKidd)’s sister and her lover Nathan Riggs (Martin Henderson)’ girlfriend, Amelia Shepherd (Caterina Scorsone) found out she has brain tumor.

When Andrew DeLuca’s sister shows up wanting to use Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital’s MRI machine to study women’s orgasms, it leads to the discovery of Shepard’s tumor. DeLuca walked into the viewing room as Shepard did her thing in the machine and noticed the huge growth on her brain. When Shepard saw the screen, she demanded to know whose tumor it was. Being a neurosurgeon, the tumor looked exciting to her — until she found out it was hers. 

Shepard stood there in complete shock as she looked up on the computer screen. Could this explain her behavior in the last season?

Shepard was acting a little out of sorts. She has been weird with Hunt and snapping at everybody in the hospital. Brain tumors have been known to affect people’s behaviors, but it still comes as a surprise that Shepard has a tumor. If one of the best neurosurgeons in the nation can’t operate on a tumor, who is going to do it for her? And, most importantly, will Shepard make it to the end of season 14?

Grey’s Anatomy fans reacted to the devastating news on Twitter: 

Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu