'Outlander' had several twists this week. (Photo via Outlander Facebook) 

A new family member joins the Fraser clan in 'Outlander'

In Sunday’s episode of Outlander, Jamie (Sam Heughan) finds a new reason to be happy, and Claire (Caitriona Balfe) gives up her search. Here are the top six moments from “Of Lost Things.”

Lady Geneva makes Jamie sleep with her 

Lady Geneva Dunsany (Hannah James), being the handful of a person she is, made Jamie sleep with her in exchange for her not revealing his real name to her mother, a known Jacobite hater.

Lady Geneva didn’t want to give away her maidenhood to a man so old that he could be her grandfather, so she decided Jamie was a better alternative. Jamie initially said no, but after Lady Geneva threatened his family, Jamie gave in.

Jamie clearly was uncomfortable with the idea of being with someone other than Claire, but it had been so long since he had been intimate with someone he succumbed to his physical needs.

Brianna and Roger kiss

When Brianna (Sophie Skelton) confided in Roger (Richard Rankin) she was nervous about Claire finding Jamie, the two kiss. Brianna was nervous that the relationship she has rebuilt with her mother would cease to exist if they found Jamie.

Roger shared he didn’t really want to find Jamie because he feared Brianna would go back to Boston and leave him in Scotland. A new relationship storyline starts when the two share a kiss, leaving viewers wondering how their relationship will turn out. 

Jamie has a son

As a result of Lady Geneva forcing Jamie to sleep with her, she became pregnant with his child. After the baby boy was born, Lady Geneva quickly died, leaving their son to her angry husband Ludovic Ransom (James Cameron Stewart).

Ransom claimed he and Lady Geneva never shared a bed, therefore the child was a bastard. Jamie shot Ransom because Ransom tried to kill the baby in a fit of rage.

Jamie was extremely happy to have a child he could actually see, but knew his position in the situation. Jamie would never be able to fulfill his fatherly duties because the baby’s parentage was hidden. 

Jamie offers himself to Lord John Grey

Jamie offered his body to Lord John Grey (David Berry), which came as a shock. Jamie was raped by Black Jack Randall (Tobias Menzies) in season one, causing Jamie extreme distress.

Jamie offered himself to Lord John in return for him to watch over his son, William “Willie” Ransom, as the father Jamie could not be. Thankfully, Lord John declined the offer and said he did not want Jamie as property. Lord John said he would watch over Willie with no problem. 

Claire gives up her search for Jamie 

After searching through books with the wrong dates, Claire got very discouraged, fearing she would spend the rest of her life chasing a ghost. Her daughter Brianna and Roger tried to tell Claire not to give up, but they ended up agreeing she might be chasing a ghost. Claire and Brianna sadly return back to Boston from Scotland, ready to move on from their search.

Jamie leaves Helwater

Jamie’s son Willie was six years old when some people started to mention how similar the two looked. Some even joked because of how much time Willie spent with Jamie, Willie started to look like him.

Jamie decided it was his time to accept Lady Louisa Dunsany's (Beth Goddard) offer of setting him up in a new life, not as a prisoner but as a free man. Willie begged Jamie to stay, but Jamie said he needed to move on.

Jamie gave his son a wooden snake he carved to remember him by, similar to the wooden snake Jamie had in the seasons before. Willie tried to run after Jamie when he left. It was clear leaving his only living child (at the time) was extremely hard for him to the point where he had to hold back tears. 

Outlander airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on STARZ

@jess_umbarger

ju992415@ohio.edu