Andy Grammer will perform in the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium on Monday at 7:30 p.m. (Provided via the OU Performing Arts and Concert Series website)

Andy Grammer to keep people’s heads up after Halloween

Andy Grammer will be bringing his biggest hits to Athens for a second time Monday for a post-Halloween weekend pick-me-up. 

With smash hits “Keep Your Head Up,” “Fine By Me” and “Honey, I’m Good.” under Grammer’s belt, the pop star is making a stop at the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium. Singer-songwriter and industry newcomer Ivory Layne will open. The show starts at 7:30 p.m., and tickets are $45 for the first 10 rows and $25 for all the rest. 

Grammer performed at OU in 2012

“I think it’s good that the University is bringing popular artists to generate revenue,” Abi Biroschak, a sophomore studying child and family studies, said. “I think he will draw in a lot of students with his hits.” 

Over the past 6 years, Grammer has tallied five Billboard Hot 100 songs. “Honey, I’m Good.” climbed the highest, peaking at No. 9 in 2015. “Keep Your Head Up,” “Fresh Eyes,” “Good To be Alive (Hallelujah)” and “Fine By Me” also made appearances on the chart.

Booking Grammer was aimed to garner student interest more so than the typical MemAud acts, Andrew Holzaepfel, the senior associate director of student activities, said. 

“I think he’s gonna have a broad appeal,” said Holzaepfel. “It’ll be a fun night.”

Katrina Schneider, a freshman studying pre-physician assistance, said she knows of many students that are planning to attend the show. Holzaepfel added that the floor tickets have been selling well. 

“He’s had many years of hits,” Holzaepfel said. “It’s just an opportunity for a popular artist that happened to be available on a date that we had available.”

Grammer finished the Australia and New Zealand leg of his Fresh Eyes Tour. After his stop at OU, Grammer will perform at the University of Delaware on Nov. 1, as part of a brief fly-in leg of his tour, Holzaepfel said. 

The show will be a full band production, which is typical for Grammer. It’ll be plugged in and upbeat the whole night, Holzaepfel said.

“He was here a few years back and did a really fun show, so I would expect a very similar high energy pop show,” Holzaepfel said. “He’ll have the crowd on their feet the whole time.”

@HalleWeber13

hw422715@ohio.edu