An OUPD vehicle parked outside of Scott Quad. (FILE)

Campus police seeking man for sexual assault near mulch piles

The Ohio University Police Department is searching for a man who reportedly pushed a female student against a tree and grabbed her breasts.

According to a crime alert OUPD released Sunday afternoon, a female student was walking in the grass by North McKinley Avenue at about 9 p.m. Saturday when a man she didn’t know pushed her against a tree and grabbed her by the arm and throat. The student told police the man said, “You know you want some of this,” before grabbing her breasts over her shirt and “rubbed himself against her.”

The woman kneed the man in the groin and escaped, according to the alert. She believes the man fled on foot toward Mill Street. OUPD officers checked the area immediately after the incident, but did not find him.

The alert describes the man as a college-aged white male who is about 5 feet 9 inches tall and wore a black hooded sweatshirt with a zipper, a gray T-shirt and jeans. 

The case is under investigation, and anyone with information can contact OUPD at 740-593-1911.

The incident is the second report of a sex-related crime OUPD has received this academic year. On Oct. 10, OUPD officers collected an anonymously submitted sexual assault evidence collection kit. That incident was classified as rape.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu