Police Blotter: Intoxicated student attempts to enter house he doesn't live in

An Ohio University Police Officer observed a student “throwing his body” into a front door at a house on Mill Street on Saturday at about 1 a.m.

When the officer approached the student, he appeared to be intoxicated, according to an OUPD report. He also did not live at the house he was trying to enter.

The student was arrested for disorderly conduct by public intoxication. That incident was one of six alcohol-related citations OUPD officers issued over the weekend. 

OUPD officers also issued five citations for possession of marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia. 

Lost in Bromley

On Saturday at about 3 a.m., OUPD officers responded to Bromley Hall, where an intoxicated student “did not know her whereabouts.”

The officer observed that the student smelled like alcohol, according to an OUPD report. She was unable to tell the officer where she lived or how she had entered Bromley Hall.

The student was issued a citation for disorderly conduct by intoxication and taken to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Friday morning fumble

At about 2 a.m. on Friday, a student was observed “staggering" through an Ohio University parking lot, then "(falling down) in the street" on Race Street.

The officer spoke with the student and determined he was intoxicated. He had glassy, bloodshot eyes and slurred speech, according an OUPDD report. He was also "very lethargic with his movements."

The student was transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail to sober up.

A call from no one

On Thursday, Athens County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of an open-line 911 call coming from a trailer in Tomoko Trailer Park in The Plains.

Arriving on the scene, deputies observed that no one lived in the trailer, and it was not occupied.

The trailer also did not appear to have any phone line hooked up. The case was closed.

Fake money, real problems

On Saturday, the sheriff’s office responded to a report of a counterfeit $20 bill at the Chauncey Marathon gas station.

The cashier said a man pumped gas and then came in to pay for it. They told the man that the bill he tried to pay with was counterfeit. The man then “went back out to his truck and brought in a real twenty-dollar bill,” according to a sheriff's office report.

The man had left when deputies arrived, but he told the cashier that he might have picked up the counterfeit bill from a local business earlier in the day.

Unknown needles

Deputies responded to a report of syringes being found in a person’s camper on West Bailey Road in Neslonville on Saturday.

The syringes were found in a small backpack that did not belong to the owner of the camper, according to a sheriff's office report. The owner of the bag is unknown. 

The two syringes were taken and placed in a sharps container. The bag was given back to the owner of the camper to be thrown away.

@ewagner19

ew047615@ohio.edu