An OUPD vehicle parked outside of Scott Quad. (FILE)

Crime alert says woman was groped by an unknown male

The Ohio University Police Department issued a crime alert Friday after a woman told officers she was groped by an unknown male. 

According to the crime alert, at approximately 4:30 a.m. an unknown man approached the woman and grabbed her breasts while she was standing in front of the graffiti wall on West Mulberry Street. The woman shoved the man away, and fled on foot toward Baker Center. 

The alert said the suspect is described to be a white male, college aged, 6 feet tall, thin build, clean shaven and wearing a black hoodie. 

The incident is classified as sexual imposition, a third-degree misdemeanor.

The crime alert is the third to be issued about a sex-related crime this semester. It’s also the sixth sex-related crime reported to OUPD this academic year.

On Nov. 1, OUPD officers collected an anonymously submitted sexual assault evidence collection kit from OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital for an alleged rape.

On Oct. 30, a woman reported she was raped in Perkins Hall.

On Oct. 22, OUPD issued a crime alert after a woman reported that a man pushed her against a tree, grabbed her breasts over her shirt and “rubbed himself against her,” according to a previous Post report. The incident reportedly occurred near the mulch piles on North McKinley Avenue.

On Oct. 10, OUPD officers collected an anonymously submitted sexual assault evidence collection kit. That incident was classified as rape.

On Nov. 10, OUPD issued a crime alert stating a woman reported she was forcibly groped in a parking lot

OUPD asks anyone with information related to the incident to call the department at 740-593-1911. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call Crime Solvers Anonymous at 740-594-3331.

@AshtonNichols_

an614816@ohio.edu