Police Blotter: Flowers stolen from sorority house; balloons set off alarm

Sorority life got less pretty for Alpha Gamma Delta members on Saturday.

The Athens Police Department took a theft report at the Alpha Gamma Delta house on University Terrace. 

Officers spoke to the house mother, who said flower planters were taken from the house. Officers took a report, but the case was closed pending any further leads.

The flower planters had a total value of $100, according to the report.

Aggressive gardener

On Monday, APD took a report for a breaking and entering that allegedly happened Saturday on West Washington Street. 

The owner reported $590 worth of property stolen, including a weed trimmer, a leaf blower, a reciprocating saw and two cans of gas and oil.

There are no suspects at this time, and the case is closed pending further information.

Float on

Deputies responded to an activated commercial alarm in Trimble Township on Nov. 29.

Deputies patrolled the area. They found no forced entry or broken glass.

They determined that it was most likely loose helium balloons floating around the store that triggered the alarm. No further action was taken, and deputies returned to patrol.

Hey, hop in

Deputies assisted Athens County EMS at Oak Ridge Village Apartments with a man who jumped from a second story window onto a car on Friday.

The car did not see to have any visible damage, but the man complained of severe pain, according to the report. He was transported by EMS for treatment.

Keep it down

On Nov. 30, deputies responded to a call about a neighbor dispute on Connett Road outside Nelsonville.

According to the report, the caller said a neighbor was “demonstrating a loud truck air horn to friends.”

Deputies spoke to the neighbors, who said they would stay inside for the evening and “cease any activity with their trucks.” No further action was needed, and deputies returned to patrol.

Get off my lawn, you rotten kids

A woman contacted the sheriff’s office and said a juvenile kept jumping the fence in her backyard in The Plains on Nov. 29.

She said she didn’t know who the juvenile was or where he lived. The office told her to call back if she was able to get identification or photos of the juvenile.

@ewagner19

ew047615@ohio.edu