Police Blotter: Woman punches window over Wi-Fi password; man wishes to be taken to jail

For some people, the Wi-Fi password is worth throwing punches over. 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report Thursday of a dispute. People had become involved in a heated argument over a woman being denied access to the Wi-Fi password. 

The woman was shut out of the home and punched a window out of the back door. The homeowner requested no charges, but it was requested that the woman leave the property for the time being. 

The woman was given a ride to the McDonald's on Richland Avenue so she could use the public Wi-Fi to contact a friend. 

The moving man

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call Sunday for a report of damage to a vehicle. 

The complainant said three of his tires on his truck were flattened. Deputies do not know how the tires became flat, but he was unable to drive the truck. There were no witnesses to the crime and no evidence left at the scene. 

The person who reported the crime said he got a phone call with a scrambled voice that said, "Have fun moving tomorrow." The call came from an unknown number.

The man believed the call referenced him helping his neighbor move out of the area, and the crime could have been committed by his soon-to-be ex-wife. 

The ‘guilty’ pleasure 

The sheriff’s office dispatched deputies to The Plains on Saturday when a male reported that he wished to go to jail. Due to lack of any criminal activity, the man was not taken to jail at that time and was encouraged to go to bed because he had been drinking throughout the day. 

Roofs and rifles 

The Athens Police Department received a report Friday of a male subject on a roof of a residence with a rifle on North Congress Street. Officers responded to the location, and the male matching the description was located and arrested for inducing panic. The rifle was found to be an air-powered BB gun.  

Missed your shot 

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to West Bailey Road on Monday because an arrow was stuck in the wheel of a truck. During the night, someone attempted to flatten a tire using a crossbow but missed and hit the wheel.

The parking fanatic

The sheriff’s office deputies conducted a traffic stop Monday on a green minivan that was called in as suspicious because it was pulling in and out of driveways. 

Upon arrival, deputies made contact with a man who was pulling out of a driveway on Mill Street. He was attempting to find a parking spot on the street.

Transported for treatment 

Athens County EMS responded to Voigt Hall on Friday for a report of an intoxicated male outside of the building. The male was transported to OhioHealth O'Bleness Hospital for treatment. While EMS workers began attempting to transport the man to the hospital, he became combative and reportedly assaulted a worker. 

@AshtonNichols_

an614816@ohio.edu