Dog is upset because of neighbor; phone breaks and repeat calls to 911

Dogs need sleep too. 

The Athens County Sheriff's Office investigated a call Feb. 15 on Blossom Lane for a report of a person who said his neighbors were turning around in his driveway late at night. 

The man said this upsets his dog and disturbs its sleep. Deputies asked the neighbor to no longer use the man’s driveway. 

911 hang up

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office went to The Plains Library on Feb. 16 after 911 received four hang-up calls from a cell phone at the library. 

Once arriving, the phone owner said they were having issues with the phone because it kept automatically dialing 911. Because there was no emergency, deputies left. 

The phone works

The sheriff’s office dispatched deputies to a 911 hang-up call Feb. 15 to a residence in Dover Township. Dispatch said they could hear what sounded like children playing on the line. 

The homeowner said it was children playing on a cell phone they believed did not work. Deputies said to remove the battery from the phone so they could stop calling 911. 

Warrant search

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office arrested a women in Stewart on Feb. 17. She was reportedly getting into cars and attempting to stop people who were driving by.

Once deputies arrived, the woman was arrested on a nationwide warrant out of Washington County. Deputies transported her to the county line where a unit met with Washington County officials to turn her over.

The mail thief

The sheriff’s office took a report Feb. 19 over the phone about an ex-tenant showing up at the rental property on a daily basis to get mail out of the mailbox. 

The caller said she asked the ex-tenant to stop showing up several times because there were new tenants in the rental, but he refused. 

The fake shopper 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report Feb. 15 of identity theft regarding credit cards being falsely opened under a man’s name. 

The man said he had eight cards that were opened, including Walmart, Barclay Bank, Symphony bank, Amazon and Exxon Mobil.

The suspect attempted to use the Exxon Mobil card just prior to making the report. Deputies uncovered no further information, and no money was actually charged to the card. The case was closed.

@AshtonNichols_

an614816@ohio.edu